[Question #241889]: PatternOrString interface source

Hi again,

So I've been reading through the source code and I see reference to PatternOrString.  I tend to use Eclipse for everything (Kepler today), and it can't find the PatternOrString interface declaration, even after a brute search for the string.  I really just find it in the Region class only.

Is this some kind of SCALA interface that has been tacked on to the Java jar file - I didn't see it in the referenced libraries? or is there a bit of source code I'm missing? or is this some Java magic I've never come across in my years of Java programming - maybe some trick with Generics?

Thanks for insight
-scprotz