[Question #242133]: why not synchronized for some basic functions?

We use jython and sikuli on Mac 10.6-10.8.

But I found some basic functions are not synchronized/blocking, that's very annoying.
I know they are synchronous/blocking from Sikuli doc, but in fact, it's *NOT* at least by my testing.

For example, if I call os.remove() to remove a configuration file, then launch an application.
then, in the application, it still can read the configuration file. and when I check the configuration file, it's been deleted.

These seems are some trivial issues, but make your test cases unstable, and the test code are very ugly.

Do you have any best practices?

thanks.