Re: [Question #242131]: switchApp() doesn't work sometimes

This Objectice-C function is used internally in the end:

[[NSWorkspace sharedWorkspace] launchApplication:appName]

Since there is some buzz in the net according problems in 10.9 coming
from prior versions about the usage of this function, I guess we have to
rework this feature. So I take this as a bug.

But the revision of the native features behind the App class is only on the list later this year.
So currently you have to live with the oddities.

Since I am developing Sikuli mainly on Maverick: Until now, I did not
have switchApp problems with apps being in /Applications.

For unsigned apps though, the gatekeeper must be switched off (prefs ->
security&privacy -> general -> Allow .... from anywhere)