[Question #242409]: Does sikuli create and use an image cache?

I have noticed after some extensive usage that Sikuli can run flawlessly for 1k or more runs.  However, if, at any point, Sikuli mis-clicks an image then it will never be able to correctly identify that image again.  I will have to take a new screenshot of that image to replace the one that worked fine for 1k or more runs.

So, I'm wondering if there is some kind of a cache somewhere that either Sikuli or Jython is using that stores some kind of information about the region or the image that can be cleared programmatically.

The alternative would be that the image file is somehow becoming corrupted.  If that is the case then I'll file a bug report.