Re: [Question #242529]: text() is being temperamental

You might try with the new version 1.0.1, which has some slight enhancements with the text() feature, but I do not really want you to be very hopeful though :-(
If you do:
take care to select the Tesseract option and switch on the OCR feature in IDE or via Settings.

Currently: if a text cannot be read, it cannot be read ;-)

There are some tricks/hacks (temporarily increase screen magnification,
find the pattern of errors and correct accordingly, ...) but I think,
usually the effort does not pay off.