[Question #244893]: Read from file

Im new to Sikuli and have tried to figure this out but cannot find a tutorial or expanation simple enough for me :/
So I want to have a external file where i type a bunch of usernames and passwords which i want to loop and sign into the application under test.
This is what I tried:
Create a csv file and typed this into the script:

f = open(C\\Users\\caan\\Documents\\SikuliTests\\SikuliTest.sikuli\\input.csv,'r')
print f

But it doesnt work and says error "no viable alternateive at input "users"
I am supposed to write: f = open(filename, 'w')
But im not sure what filename means? i have tried writing the directory in different ways....