Re: [Question #245130]: Can't use time in Observe

Description changed to:
Hi,

Im using Sikuli IDE 1.0.1
with java 1.7.0.51

I always get error when using observe for some time...
It stops the script and won't continue.
And I don't want to use FOREVER if i don't have to.

Code:
def xxx(event):
            event.region.stopObserver()

onAppear(click(P), xxx)
observe(50)

I get this ERROR:
[error] script [ proba ] stopped with error in line 23
[error] java.lang.ClassCastException ( java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to org.sikuli.script.Pattern )

Can't find solution to avoid this error..

If i put
onAppear(click(P), xxx)
observe(50, background=True)

Script contiunes and finishes everything after that..
but still get error, but this one is not stoping script..
ERROR:
Exception in thread "Thread-12" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to org.sikuli.script.Pattern
at org.sikuli.script.SikuliEventManager.checkPatterns(SikuliEventManager.java:125)
at org.sikuli.script.SikuliEventManager.update(SikuliEventManager.java:275)
at org.sikuli.script.Region.observe(Region.java:2062)
at org.sikuli.script.Region$ObserverThread.run(Region.java:2105)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

How to get rid of this, or what is the workaround (except if exists...)
and what does Background = True does??

p.s. I'm new in this and I hope I didn't do smthng wrong :)

Regards,
Nikola