Re: [Question #246037]: Importing Public Libraries (API?)

Description changed to:
This should be an easy question, but I am new to programming and trying
to learn the how's and why's behind these things.

I recently found an answer to a post that quoted this:

from javax.imageio import ImageIO
from org.sikuli.script import TextRecognizer
from java.io import File

My questions:
1) How did the programmer know to go to these places to do what they wanted? (Help me help myself here!)
2) Do I need to link (javax.imageio, for ex.) to my sikuli project? How do I do that? Do I need to download the library and then link it up afterward, or does Sikuli go out and find these objects, etc. on the web? Or are all these functions built-in to sikuli?
3) How can I learn how to utilize these functions properly? Do I need to search online for how each of these functions work? This just seems like a steep learning curve, but that might just be the name of the game of programming.. I don't know, so I thought I'd ask.

Again -sorry if these questions seem so simple, but I'm new to all this and trying to learn how to help myself!
As always, thanks for your help & suggestions.