[Question #246053]: Sikuli with Maven on OpenSuse 13.1: libdc1394 error: Failed to initialize libdc1394

I've got Sikuli in  java project that seems to be working on Windows, however, it doesn't seem to find anything on my OpenSuse 13.1 machine.  The only error I see in the logs (other than FindFailed) is libdc1394 error: Failed to initialize libdc1394.

Some web searching seems to imply that this is related to camera/vision, but I can't seem to find any information on fixing it that actually work.  (modprobe raw1394 gives a module not found error)  A few posts seem to imply that I can ignore this error, but then why are my finds failing?

Is there some reason Sikuli wouldn't have permission to see the UI on linux?  I'm building with maven, if that makes any difference.  A screenshot from java.awt.image.BufferedImage img = screen.capture().getImage(); seems to show the expected images, so I'm at a loss here.