[Question #247114]: Change source of screen captures?

I have been messing around with Sikuli and it is awesome!

Hoping to use Sikuli to observe an external video source for counting the appearance of certain 2D (presumably) identifiable images.

How difficult would it be to modify Sikuli to use some other "ScreenGrab" method that provides a grab from this external video source? I'm just looking for recognition of images, not clicking on them or anything like that of course.

I've downloaded the source and am researching this on my own, but I thought I would throw this question out there.

Apologies if this question is too broad for this forum.

Thanks a lot!.