Re: [Question #247554]: Open Windows Movie Maker files without GUI

I tested on my Win 8-64 - there seems to be some problems with the
string handling down to the Windows API level.

This worked for me (with text files and notepad++):

movieMaker = r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\MovierMaker.exe"
should be I guess:
movieMaker = r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Photo Gallery\MovieMaker.exe"

nevertheless, raw strings for the program seem not to work, so use this:
movieMaker = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Live\\Photo Gallery\\MovieMaker.exe"

subprocess.Popen(("cmd", "/C", "start", "", movieMaker,
os.path.join(dir, movie)))