[Question #248236]: misconfiguration or missing prerequisite?

I'm totally new to Sikuli, so please excuse if this is a totally doofus question. When I try to run a script, I get the following message:
   To open "java," you need to install X11.

The docs are pretty thorough and mention other prerequisites, but I didn't notice X11. I've also searched and searched and didn't find anyone else mentioning this – or other questions about X11 here.

Perhaps my system is misconfigured and the X11 message is spurious?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.2.
I re-installed Java tonight, but... the file I downloaded and ran was called jre-7u55-macosx-x64.dmg, and when I check 'java -version', I see
java version "1.7.0_45"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

I'm not familiar with Java versioning, but '55' seems different than '45'. Perhaps the X11 message is happening because I've messed up my system.

If X11 is required, I can go with that. If X11 is not required – just let me know and I'll work on sorting out my installation somehow.