[Question #249873]: Exists with strict similarity only working on first iteration?

I'm trying to use a strict similarity check at one point in my code. The code waits until the strict image exists by looping, then it continues on. This wait loop is embedded within a larger while loop. It works fine on the first top while loop iteration. The problem is, when it gets back to the strict image wait loop, it immediately thinks the strict image is there (even when it's not) on the second loop. Are the images somehow mutable and once it's been found to exist once it sets it as existing or something? Or after the existence check is the similarity lowered (though I have tried resetting the similarity level on each loop and that didn't help)? What else might I be doing wrong? Thanks.

Code:

while True:
    while not exists(strict_similarity_image):
        wait(1)