[Question #251084]: Sikuli reading strange characters from screen.

I am currently using following lines of code to read a particular text (numbers) from the screen:

Region pinDialogue = authRegion.wait("image", 10);
Region pinField = pinDialogue.right(100);
pinField.highlight(2);
String pin = pinField.text();

This captures the displayed text 8 out of 10 times, but at times it reads totally strange characters like ", { } | ' .... which are absolutely not present in that region event though the highlight happens at the exact required spot.
Am I doing anything wrong or do I need to add any extra steps to make this reliable and consistent.

You have helped me solve all my issues so far, hoping the same this time too.. :)