[Question #252884]: Time based if statements

I was wondering if it was possible to have a specific argument that is only true after a 30 second delay from its last time run
for example

if exists(image.png) and 'time since last run' > 30:
    #bunch of functions and stuff
else:
    pass

So in my dream script, this if is running in a loop but i can set delays on specific lines while not stopping it from doing the other lines.
I cant use wait(30) because then it would just stall the script for 30 seconds and would stop it from running the rest of the loop while waiting.