Re: [Question #250392]: [1.0.1] OSX 10.10: IDE doesn't work using Java 6 --- not clear when this will be fixed

I now have a running OSX 10.10 with Javas 6, 7, 8 and NetBeans 8
(compiling with Java 7).

The problem is reproducible in all cases and seems to be some incompatibility down to the Mac feature with the setup of a search field using
org.jdesktop.swingxJXSearchField

I for now switched of the IDE search option when running on OSX 10.10.

BTW:
Java 6 (Apple version) and Java 8 install without problems.

Java 7 yet is not installable with the standard package: the installer crashes when evaluating the needed minimum OSX version (non-intelligent compare ;-).
To get it on your machine you have to:
- unpack the .pkg contained in the .dmg (I use Unarchiver.app) to a writable folder
- the resulting folder contains a jdk17067.pkg
- in Finder context menu -> ShowPackageContents
- this reveals 4 compressed archive files
- doubleclick Payload which in turn reveals a folder Content
- move this folder to /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_67.jdk

… and
/usr/libexec/java_home -V
will show you the JDK 7 as available

to switch to Java 7 on command line:
export JAVA_HOME=`/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.7`