Re: [Question #256710]: How to talk to sikuli rogram that hang permanently in memory

Description changed to:
Hi,

I am debugging a wrapper around application. This proces is a bit never ending and I need flexibility.
Also I need to maintain manual control in a sense I would like to start many of the actions manually.

Thus I have in my Autohotkey application (.ahk, Windows automatization
tool) defined the following:

; ___Popup menu Win+Z____
Menu, MyMenu, Add, Make action 1, Menu_o_Volba1
#z::Menu, MyMenu, Show  ; Win-Z shows menu
Menu_o_Volba1:
Run  %comspec% /c @CALL C:\sikuli\runIDE.cmd -r "D:\sikuliData\test.sikuli" --args volba1
return

The above just for context.
Not bad, however each time I start activity a yellow window with starting Java appears which takes too long. I realize I came across a lots of discussions on how to load the whole environmet at startup and then somehow use it.

But what I did not undesrtand is the following:
   I am able to load the whole app to memory at I think I keep it in memory by e.g. using while not exist("x.jpg",0) sleep

But the question then stays, how shall I call any procedure from outside world. I.e. how to call some function from Windows environment manually.
If I use my menu, then a new instance is run, isn't it ?

I could e.g. wait until some Picture shows and react to that Picture,
but that seems awkward to pass argument by drawing a Picture on the
screen.

There is no such a similar menu at the Sikuli level, the only thing I
could display a dialog where I would have to specify e.g. textual
argument, this means I have to rememnber all the possibilities I els
would have in menu.......

Do I miss something ? Since I want the sikuli to do some action
automatically if it sees some Picture, while doing other activities,
only upon my command manually, i.e. not automatically.

thank you for any hint and have a nice day