Re: [Question #257314]: How to handle network lag when UI script is invoked on systems with different hardware configuration

bgbig posted a new comment:
Thanks Eugene and RaiMan for correct use of wait image option .

Even I use wait(image,timeout extensively) as suggested by RaiMan ,but
in my use case there is a lot of screen change ,like in a configuration
package wizard of the SCCM tool .. i need to perform something like
this.

click(self.myImages.getImage("nextButton"))
            logger.debug('Finalising set up ')
            for i in range(2):
                type(Key.DOWN)
                wait(1)
            click(self.myImages.getImage("nextButton"))
            wait(1)
            click(self.myImages.getImage("nextButton"))
            wait(5)
            logger.info('Successfully created configuration package')
            click(self.myImages.getImage("closeButton"))

Note: pls ignore the indentation

Now, here I know the next screen is bound to appear after a correct set
of data is fed every time ,but in cases where network delay is
predominant ,even this simple flow tends to fail  ,just because the
nextButton findfailed appears.

So is it advisable to use wait(image, timeout) after every nextButton click ,that way i'll have too many images in my image repository to handle and the script will become more cumbersome.
What do you suggest ??

This is just one module ,i have around five different sikuli modules
each of average 200 lines of script already