Re: [Question #259347]: Some characters are not printed properly using type())

Description changed to:
Hi guys,

First off, thanks so much for Sikuli. What an awesome program :)

My problem is that I have some text characters that are not being
properly typed out using type() by Sikuli.

Ex. If I do this in Sikuli and run a script:
# code
name = 'this - is - a - test \ confused '
click('some region')  # this just selects my text editor. In this case, Textwrangler
type(name)

# end code

What I get in Textwrangler is:
'this + is + a + test - confused'

Why is it that when I use the '-' I get '+' but when I use '\' I get '-'

Can anyone help me understand what is going on? I generate the name
object from a bunch of files on my disk and some have '-' char and
others dont.

Would be great to understand what is going on.

Thanks so much.