Re: [Question #259790]: Region from image file

up to version 1.0.1 there are no features to support, what you want to do.
With these versions you have to use external tools or APIs to crop the images to smaller parts inside, that can be used with the Finder class afterwards.
Another general solution for the "do-not-block-my-system" problem, is to run the scripts in a virtual machine (e.g. VirtualBox).

Beginning with version 1.1.0 we have the Image class, that allows to create subimages from existing images, that in turn can be used with a Finder.
Since the features are not yet documented on the scripting level, you have to consult the Java API.
(start here: http://sikulix.com)

In version 1.2, the differences between images (in memory representation
of an image file) and regions (rectangular area on a screen) will be
minimised: an image can be seen and used as a matched area on a screen
like a Region (comparable now to the relation between a Region and a
Match).