Re: [Question #262339]: Compare two image excluding the particular region

Eugene Maslov proposed the following answer:
Raimund, I also sometimes feel the need in this feature. For example, recognizing some characters in a dense string, adjacent characters intrude from the sides and prevent the recognition. In another case, the mouse, displayed in OpenGL viewer, moves a couple of pixels from time to time and warns that the images are different. I crop png's to exclude the mouse, but sometimes the mouse is in the middle and it is impossible.
I'd suggest to consider some particular color in png as transparent during the image comparison.
The user would fill in png the areas, that he wants to exclude,  with this color.