Re: [Question #262429]: help with storing highlighted text in linux as variable

geech gave more information on the question:
Sorry, the version is 1.1.0 and it would have been installed using
source from a nightly build dated 08JAN2015.

Eugene, to clarify my issue isn't using the middle click to paste.  What
I'm hoping to do is assign the text highlighted to a variable, not
middle clicking to drop the text elsewhere on the screen.  I believe
it's a linux X server feature that provides the copy / paste
functionality by allowing the middle click to paste highlighted text
somewhere, but I don't know how to retrieve that data for use in my
variable.

I'm working on a RHEL6 machine if that matters at all.

Thanks