[Question #263727]: Double click works inconsistently

I am using java - sikulixapi.jar jar and in some of the png,
I have issue with double click.
--
I look for the image exists , then double click -
but  sikuli simply selects which is click() action.

if(scr.exists(sImagePathAndName )!=null){
						Thread.sleep(5000);
						scr.doubleClick(sImagePathAndName);
						Thread.sleep(3000);
						bThere=true;
						break;
					}
here - the scr. exists evaluated to True but the doubleClick - simply selects the image.
I have added necessary waits and hence I do not think timing will be the issue.
--
Do we have some alternate method for this - other than mouse action and would like the know the reason for this .

Thanks
Selva D