[Question #263845]: dragDrop does not work using Jython script

dragDrop(img1, img2) works perfectly fine using IDE however, the same call from a jython script does not work,
for example:

from org.sikuli.script import *

S = Screen()
S.dragDrop('1.png', '2.png')

This code does not work, it only find the first image, hover on top of it, then move to the next image and hover on top of it.
The actual dragging never happens, I tried all tricks, from changing delays in Settings to playing with wait to breaking the drag into a series of mouse operations, never works. I ran out of options, I saw a similar question in the forums, but my problems though look the same still I am referring to a jython script not IDE, not Java

any hints are appreciated
M.