Re: [Question #263857]: how to read single column from csv file using python in sikuli

no problem, but your behavior and what and how you are talking about makes it hard to believe.
Therefor I dare to say things like "please look there and there …" from tim to time.

… and what I meant with believing in snippets you get from wherever:
you first have to try to understand the author's intention and then fix minor problems yourself

in this case it is a minor problem and it would have been very easy, to find out, that instead of
length(some_list_or_string)

in Python it is
len(some_list_or_string)

so in this case you did not:
- show the error message (so I had to guess)
- you did not understand the intention
- and you did not try to fix the problem yourself

nevertheless: come back with any problem (but the complexity of your
problems should raise with the time ;-)