Re: [Question #265288]: [1.0.1] Windows: runSetup.cmd and runIDE.cmd are not recognising Java 8 - workaround

Summary changed to:
[1.0.1] Windows: runSetup.cmd and runIDE.cmd are not recognising Java 8 - workaround

Description changed to:
With ONLY Java 8 installed on Windows, the batch files are not useable
With Java 8 and Java 7 installed, always Java 7 would be used.

------- problem
>From the CMD prompt > run runSetup.cmd or runIDE.cmd
     Error displays:
          echo +++ Java not found in standard places C:/PROGRAMS/ or C:/PROGRAMS32
          echo +++ JAVA_HOME not specified

-------- possible workaround
     I have version 8, so I modified the batch file to include version8
     similar to this:
          IF not EXIST "%PROGRAMS%\Java\jre8" goto JAVA7
          set JAVA_HOME=%PROGRAMS%\Java\jre8
          goto JAVA_OK

The general workaround of course is, to set the environment variable
JAVA_HOME to point to the Java, that you want to use.