[Question #268526]: detectng mouse in region

Im new to Sikuli and programming too, so im learning as I go.  I have so many questions to ask an much to learn.

Im trying do a script for Clicker Heroes. i have it mostly working.

I made two regions
game.region
chat.region

What I want to do is if the mouse is in game it does stuff but if mouse is in chat region it pauses the script.

Is it possible to detect which region the mouse is in and how do I do it?

I have read there is no pause function.  So would a loop work?

while mchat = true
  if mouse is in chat.region
     true
 else
    false

Something like that?
thank you for any help or surgestions...