[Question #269490]: Sikuli will not find images after a Java function change

I know the summary is sort of vague, so let me try to be a little more clear.

I am automating the testing of a Java applet (and using TestNG as a testing framework, if that helps at all). I have two classes: the test class, and the script class. In the test class, I simply have the following function flow:

1. void login()
2. void selectModule()
3. void changeDate()

The script class is where I actually write all the code for these functions. I call them in the test class using an object of the script class. Anyway,  Sikuli runs fine for the first two functions (i.e: it recognizes all images). However, the changeDate() function is supposed to locate a toolbar and type in a specific date. This is where it crashes. Sikuli does not recognize anything when the program moves to this function. HOWEVER, if I put the code for changeDate() inside of the selectModule() funciton, it runs perfectly fine. I do not understand this behavior. I do not want to have to put all of my Sikuli code in one function.

Am I missing something here?