[Question #272592]: Detecting videos on webpages

I am intending to use Sikuli to find videos on webpages. If there is one, it will click on it to play them. Ideally, I want it to be able to detect videos from a majority of video players. I understand that video players all have slightly different play buttons so I intend to compile a list of them.

I realized that certain play buttons doesn't have a solid background color. For example embed YouTube videos, the play button is slightly transparent such that a little bit of the video can be seen. The same goes for Vimeo, and Facebook videos.

Some video players just have the button in the shape of a triangle, so when capturing a screenshot of the button, you get a little bit of the video background in the image which can cause pretty inconsistent results.

Is it possible for Sikuli to match only the outline of the shapes in the image to the browser? Or is there another way to work around this problem?