Re: [Question #281182]: Null pointer exception using Sikuli in Java

Borja Miñano posted a new comment:
Hi RaiMan,

Sure, the log messages before the exception are the following:
[debug] Debug.init: from sikuli.Debug: on: 3
[debug] RunTimeINIT: lsb_release -i -r -s
[debug] RunTimeINIT: loadOptions: check: /home/bminano/workspace/guiTestingSmall
[debug] RunTimeINIT: loadOptions: check: /home/bminano
[debug] RunTimeINIT: loadOptions: check: /home/bminano/.Sikulix/SikulixStore
[debug] RunTimeINIT: global init: entering as: API
[debug] RunTimeINIT: ScreenDevice 0 has (0,0) --- will be primary Screen(0)
[debug] RunTimeINIT: Monitor 0: (0, 0) 1680 x 1050

I also checked the source code and tried to figure out what can be happening. I adapted some of the source code in my test:
        Class clsRef = null;
        try {
            clsRef = Class.forName("org.sikuli.ide.SikuliIDE");
        }
        catch (Exception ex) {
            System.out.println("Doesn't load SikuliIDE");
        }
        try {
            clsRef = Class.forName("org.sikuli.setup.RunSetup");
        }
        catch (Exception ex) {
            System.out.println("Doesn't load RunSetup");
        }
        CodeSource codeSrc = clsRef.getProtectionDomain().getCodeSource();
        String base = null;
        if (codeSrc != null && codeSrc.getLocation() != null) {
            base = FileManager.slashify(codeSrc.getLocation().getPath(), false);
        }
        System.out.println(base);
        if (base != null) {
            File fSxBaseJar = new File(base);
            String jn = fSxBaseJar.getName();
            File fSxBase = fSxBaseJar.getParentFile();
            System.out.println(jn);
            System.out.println(fSxBase);
            System.out.println(fSxBase.getAbsolutePath());
        }
The exception is launched in the last print since fSxBase is null. The problem I see here is that the fSxBaseJar file is [onTheFly-test-bundle]GuiTestingTest[1957655256], so maybe it is not possible to get its parent file.