Re: [Question #284732]: Using curses module with sikuli

Response time: I am just sitting in front of my MacBook Air and trying
to answer "easier" SikuliX questions fits inbetween ;-)

... but in this case I tried to make my life a bit easy ;-)

what I suggested is not targeted towards the running command window, but
is just processed internally in a subprocess and hence does nothing.

---  I'm surprised the os.name responds with java.
this is because SikuliX is a java application and hence the system environment seen by Jython is Java by design (this is why Java programs run on every system, that has a suitable JVM available).

So the only possible solution with SikuliX seems to be to use
type("cls"+Key.ENTER) to the command window:

def clearscreen(myApp):
    App.focus("command prompt") # use a suitable part of the command window title
    wait(1)
    type("cls"+Key.ENTER)
    App.focus(myApp)
    wait(1)

clearscreen("myApp title") # use a suitable part of your target app's
window title

about App.focus() just have a look at the docs