Re: [Question #289673]: Can I get the text of screenshot?

Karl proposed the following answer:
In Sikuli 1.0.1 Ihad OCR searching activated when I used a find with text input, but I get the same error you have  when I do it now.
I tried using Settings.OcrTextSearch = True, and Settings.OcrTextRead = True and made sure "allow OCR" is activated in "more options...".
https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+faq/2436

If you just want the text and not the location, you can use channels.text().
You can also compare this to the channel number you want, you can use channels.text() == "CH1".