Re: [Question #291945]: Windows: holding down SHIFT-key needs num lock state to be false --- workaround

Summary changed to:
Windows: holding down SHIFT-key needs num lock state to be false --- workaround

Description changed to:
for the workaround see bug 894312

I was using the Java API of sikulix to highlight some text so I could
copy it to the clipboard and then pull it in to my app.

I ran into a bug that took me a while to figure out, for some reason
when I'd do a keyDown(Key.SHIFT) the shift wouldn't get recognized.
after about 40 min of trial, error and googling I came across the
following

https://community.oracle.com/thread/2232592?start=0&tstart=0

I guess they've had this bug for a long while. But it has a workaround.
I don't know if it's better to make this known, or to try and
incorporate the workaround into sikulix. Not really sure what the
preferred approach would be.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case it might help someone else
get their shift key working sooner rather than later.