Re: [Question #294731]: Counter or notification pop-up

Tom Hinds posted a new comment:

Some of my regression scripts take several hours to run, so I rely on Sikuli's Logging a lot.
  http://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/scripting.html?highlight=logging

Here's how I set mine up:
    Settings.myLogFile = os.environ['USERPROFILE'] + '\desktop\Sikuli\Sikuli.log'
    logging.basicConfig(filename=Settings.myLogFile, level=logging.DEBUG, format='%(message)s', filemode='w')

Then I log a lot of activity (like 'where am I in the loop?') there,
like:

  for entry in PartNumbers:
    logging.debug('- entry: ' + entry)
    do_stuff()

Then I have a custom viewer that stays on top and refreshes the contents of that log file, so I can quickly get an update on where in the process my scripts are. But you can do the same thing with PowerShell or NotePad++, etc:
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18632/how-to-monitor-a-text-file-in-realtime

Hope this helps,
- Tom