Re: [Question #296148]: Ubuntu 16: How to get apt package sikuli-ide working

RaiMan posted a new comment:
@YeTr2
Thanks for your clarification and contribution. Really appreciated.

--- sikuli-ide is out of date
I admit, that this might be misleading. It was meant for the package contents especially for the Sikuli X1.0rc3. Fine if you get it to work. And as long as it works, at least simple wait-click workflows are possible. With more demanding approaches there might be problems.
Since I am now on the way for a version 2, I do not support system specific problems with versions prior to SikuliX 1.1.x any more.
- needs OpenCV < 2.4
- does not use the latest Jython 2.7
- has many bugs and missing features

One more thing: I did not understand, why someone who has the latest
version of SikuliX working (see comment #2) should want to downgrade to
sikuli-ide, which has a feature level that is more than 6 years old.