Re: [Question #374925]: Editing, deleting Files

Roman Podolyan posted a new comment:
To manipulate files you need to master OS module:
https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.html

Sorry, I was a bit in a hurry in the morning,  and to check working with
files I needed some recalling and code experiment. The code below was
tested on Windows machine with 2016_08_18 nightly:

import sys
# You need sys to manipulate files

print sys.path[0]
# Prints to console the directory script was launched in

f1 = open(sys.path[0] + '\\workfile1.txt', 'w')
f2 = open(sys.path[0] + '\\workfile2.txt', 'w')
# Creates two files, identical except names

f1.write("This is a test N1")
f2.write("This is a test N2")
# Writes a string to every of the created files

f1.close()
f2.close()
# Closes both to remove locking

os.remove(sys.path[0] + '\\workfile2.txt')
# And here we delete the second one, leaving the first intact to show that file creation and writing worked
# "That's all, folks!"