[Question #401580]: Modify Vision.cpp?

I've been using Sikuli for a school project recently and am very impressed with the program.  The issue I've been running into though is that the current vision algorithms are insufficient when either 1) background changes 2) transparency is enabled. There are of course easier ways to solve this problem ( increase training set), but being a student I prefer to get my hands dirty so to speak. So I've been digging into SikuliX and found that the vision algorithms are called using JNI to OpenCV and to vision.h.

Is it possible to modify the vision.cpp implementation to include simple sobel edge detection to improve the detection process?
If so then do I build the sikuli libraries again with the make files located in StuffContainer/LibsBuild/build/windows/TheBuildProcess/11_Vision/ ?