Re: [Question #402356]: Wildcard part of an image

--- I dont think the proposed solution can do properly the job ...
Feel free to not test it ;-)
I know, that other SikuliX users have done this.

--- I found a discussion on this topic on the opencv forum ...
... having masked images is not the solution.
The challenge is, to either teach the matchTemplate() feature (the feature used by SikuliX), to accept and honor transparent areas in a given image or use another feature to search for one image in another with a duration of some milliseconds (e.g. edge detection).
Both approaches are are on the list for version 2.

conclusion: see my comment #1 ;-)