[Question #426645]: Problem running SikuliX-1.1.1 with Robot Framework on Ubuntu 16.04

After downloading and installing SikuliX-1.1.1, I was  able to run the RF script within the IDE, but the test didn't  open the Firefox browser.
Following directions in http://sikulix-2014.readthedocs.io/en/latest/scenarios.html#using-robotframework
downloaded SikuliX Setup 1.1.1 (2016-12-10)
OS: ubuntu 16.04
Python version = 2.7.12
java version "1.8.0_111"

Installed into ~/.SikuliX (empty directory)
Pack1: SikuliX  containing the Sikuli IDE and allowing Sikuli scripts from commandline
ran successfully
Started Sikuli on the command line with:
./runsikulix
which brought up the Sikuli IDE
I then cut and pasted in the test_sikuliX inline script
Clicked save and run in the IDE
Got  console output:
joan@joan-Latitude-E7250:~/.Sikulix$ ./runsikulix
running SikuliX: -Xmx512M -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsikuli.FromCommandLine
-jar ./sikulix.jar
[info] runcmd: lsb_release -i -r -s
[info] HotkeyManager: add Capture Hotkey: CTRL+SHIFT 2 (50, 3)
[info] HotkeyManager: add Abort Hotkey: ALT+SHIFT C (67, 9)
test sikuliX
User can log in with correct user and password
The script stops at this point, doesn't bring up firefox
issues the first prompt from the RF script
I click through the rest of the prompts and the test runs to conclusion with the report.html all green, no errors
but the test does not close the browser and exit

I am running geckodriver v0-1.11-linux instead of Firefox

running Firefox (geckodriver) browser on