Re: [Question #452507]: Sikuli crashing when monitor is turned off.

The Java Robot (internally used by Sikuli(X)) access to the screen buffer and the headless detection in Java is very, very system and in parts device dependent.
... and has changed over the time.

... but I have no experiences about that HDMI stuff on Windows.

So in doubt you have to take care, that the monitor does not turn off
but is only dimmed.

For my Mac Mini's I have a little HDMI device, that simulates a screen- something like that:
https://www.amazon.com/CompuLab-fit-Headless-Display-Emulator/dp/B00FLZXGJ6