[Question #453689]: IDE changes script - similar(1.0) to exact()

If I save my script in the IDE (I rarely do this, I use an external editor), I found that the IDE changes similar(1.0) to exact() without saying anything. This caused an incorrect exact match with images of different shades of color - i.e. in shadow. Because the IDE changed my code silently, this was very difficult for me to find. Also, it took me some time to conclude that exact() isn't exact pixel-for-pixel.

I can avoid it by not saving with the IDE. However, I will not be able to use the export packed option. I just discovered this feature, and would like to use it to make sharing easier. I tried to work around the problem by using similar(0.99), but that value still results in an incorrect "exact" match.

Questions: Is there a way to prevent silent script changes during Save or Exports? What else does the IDE change in scripts? If there is a different approach I should use to find perfect matches, please let me know.

Thanks!