[Question #526599]: copy a specific file by name

I want to open a folder, highlight a specific image file by its name, and then:
1. copy the file on clipboard, so that later I can paste {type("v", KEY_CTRL)} into oneNote
2. doubelClick so that it opens up in a third party windows application

Listing files and getting their names is easy through python, but shutil.copy needs destination directory. In my case I want to paste that file content into oneNote(already opened, shall not open again and again). Even if the file (not only name) could be copied to clipboard programmatically, there is a problem of this third party app. which on pressing CTRL+N, opens file explorer, where when user double clicks a file, it gets opened in that app.

Please suggest a solution.