[Question #658038]: subprocess.Popen does not seems to function within Sikuli 2017-90-14 build

Hello,

I am in the process of creating a script that will run through various Unreal demos for me - it will launch them with a few arguments and then kill the process.  So far, I am focusing on having A process launch with Sikuli on mac.

I have been using subprocess.Popen and I can launch the demo and other apps from the MacOS terminal just fine using Python.  When I try the same code in Sikuli, nothing seems to happen - no process opens, the IDE just reappears with no output as if it has successfully completed the script.  I have the code to print the output of the process to the screen, but nothing is output.

----------------------
My Code:

import subprocess

com = subprocess.Popen("/Applications/Calculator.app/Contents/MacOS/Calculator", stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)

result = com.stdout.read()
print(result)

When running this, I see this output:

2017-09-14 17:15:40.308 JavaAppLauncher[4260:119455] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

Again, the calc app does not open.  However, when I change my code to run one of the Unreal demos I have on my system, I see no output at all, yet I do see other prints I have, such as "I am here" to help me follow the code.

The Unreal demo location for me is here:  /Users/test/Desktop/Mac_Unreal4.17/Hallway.app/Contents/MacOS/Hallway

I have been able to use Sikuli on my Win10 machine to do this exact same task - so I know Sikuli is up to the job.

I am running nightly build 2017-09-14 and MacOS 10.13 (Beta 9) 17A360a     --  starting to wonder if this is a Beta issue.

Any help or idea would be appreciated - thanks.