[Question #659673]: Latency issue when using vnc screen

Hello,

we are exploring the possibilities to use Sikuli for automated test of our application. The problem is that our application is running on CentOS 5.2 and Sikuli isn't. So we installed Sikuli on a separate machine running RedHad. Via VNC we then remotely access our test system. We made some scripts using the IDE and this works fine, but what we see is a latency issue.
example: using the hover command I go n the vnc screen from top left to bottom right and do this many time. When I execute this command we see the cursor moving as expected, although if we look at the screen from our test system the cursor is moving slower. When the test is finished and the Sikuli screen appears again, on the target system the cursor is still moving for a undetermined time.  If e.g. the Sikuli script is finished after 10 seconds, on the target system the cursor moves for 20 seconds. You can imaging that this latency can be an issue for large scripts. The VNC connections seems fine. We don't see any latency when operating the target machine via VNC.
Any ideas what could be the cause and how we could further investigate/solve this issue.

Thanks, Paul.