Re: [Question #661362]: Setup PyCharm

-- 1. thanks for the pointer to the question, since I am just on the way
to add a chapter about PyCharm to the docs

-- 2. To open a Python console, you must be in an existing project (just a skeleton without any modules is sufficient).
As correctly mentioned in the question, a pointer to sikulixapi.jar must be in the CLASSPATH environment variable.
It makes sense, to add it as a standard default to the global preferences (only accessible from the welcome dialog with no project open).

The problem: existing projects will not inherit this setting, when you
change it globally. For those you have to add it manually to the
Preferences while having the project open. Only projects created after
the global Preferences change will inherit the global default settings.
I did not find something like a "project settings refresh" feature.

So I setup the global preferences for the console according to the question and created a new project without any code.
Running the Python console from this project works:
from org.sikuli.script.SikulixForJython
from sikuli import *
popup("hello")