[Question #664943]: Pattern Matching problem

There seems to be a problem between what is shown as a match in the Pattern Settings / Matching Preview and what is actually a match when using find or hover operations.

Previously this used to be exactly the same.
I've never seen this problem before, so maybe it is related to the latest Java patch (1.8.0_161-b12)??!
I have tried this is both 1.1.1 stable and the latest 1.1.2 nightly and it is the same problem.