[Question #665281]: Prevent abrupt program shutdown

Sorry if this is super basic, I feel like it is but cant seem to formulate into a coherent sentence what I need to google.

Effectively im having an issue where I need to be able to press a specific button, this button then shortly after becomes replaced with another at a random interval. This is all well I can handle this, the issue is occasionally my loop tries to refind the original button in the short time before it can transition. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but in effect what I need is a way to make the program simply ignore a say hover command if the specific image cannot be found instead of causing the program to end. Many thanks and apologies if this is a wasting your time.