Re: [Question #665279]: Instantiating SikuliX classes through API with node-java hangs on Mac

Finn Ellis gave more information on the question:
Yep, it's pretty simple:

var java = require('java');

java.classpath.push('sikulixapi.jar');
java.options.push('-Dsikuli.debug=3');

var screen = java.newInstanceSync('org.sikuli.script.Screen');
console.log(screen)

All it's doing is importing the node-java bridge, adding the sikulix jar to the classpath (and the debug option), and then trying to instantiate a Screen (or any Sikuli class that I've tried). The mystery app pops up when I instantiate the class, and nothing ever prints -- not even debug output from Sikuli, weirdly enough.

If I add this line, next to the other option:

java.options.push('-Djava.awt.headless=true')

then the script does finish successfully, but it outputs (from the
console.log line):

nodeJava_org_sikuli_script_Screen { h: 1, w: 1, y: 0, x: 0 }

which of course isn't my real screen size. :) Even in this case, though,
there's no debug output from Sikuli, which makes me wonder if it's
getting eaten by node-java.

I posted an issue with node-java as well, in case it's helpful to see
screenshots of what I'm seeing: https://github.com/joeferner/node-
java/issues/422