[Question #665359]: Image match successful on mac fails on windows

I have this odd problem where I am using sikuli to match images and click on them in a test suite. On my development machine (MacBook pro) everything works as expected both on the retina display and an external monitor. However, on my coworker's development machine the same tests fail to find 90% of the images.

I setup a debug session and captured the screen size like so:
        Screen screen = new Screen();
        Rectangle size = screen.getBounds();
        System.out.println(size);

Both monitors returned vastly different resolutions, so we corrected that to where we were both running 1440x900 and still my machine passes, his machine fails.

the call is pretty simple, literally waiting for the target image:

 try {
            screen.wait(target, time);
        } catch (FindFailed e) {
            Assert.fail();
        }

I thought at first I was dealing with a multi-screen issue, so I forced chromedriver to open at 0,0 so we could control which monitor it is being displayed on, still no luck. seriously at a loss here.