Re: [Question #670339]: FindFailed with VNCScreen

Description changed to:
So, I have an image stored at a location "D:\\example.png" on my local computer.
I wish to perform a click on the part of the screen on my remote (here virtualBox) computer screen, which matches with "example.png".
This remote PC has a VNC Server (TigerVNC) installed and running on port 9876.
My connection to the VNC Server is working through Eclipse code, but the find is failing, although physically the match of "example.png" is available on the page.

I tried decreasing the similarity quotient but yet it fails.

Here is my code. :

VNCScreen client = VNCScreen.start(<ip-address>, <port>, <password>, 10, 1000);
try {
	client.click(new Pattern("D:\\example.png").similar(0.5f));
	}
catch (FindFailed e) {
	e.printStackTrace();
	}
finally {
	client.close();
	}

The error message is :

CConnection: Using RFB protocol version 3.8
R[0,0 1024x768]@S(0) E:Y, T:3.0
FindFailed: D:/example.png: (84x31) in R[0,0 1024x768]@S(0) E:Y, T:3.0
  Line 2782, in file Region.java

So next to debug, I tried capturing the screen that Sikuli sees on connecting with the VNC with the following code :

ScreenImage image = client.capture(client);
	image.save("D:\\");

The saved image, is a complete black screen with no items.
Can you point where I am going wrong?